One of the greatest environmental threats to homes and businesses is the spread and growth of mold and mildew infestations. Once they are established, it takes a lot more than just hot water and bleach to get rid of them.
It takes the work of professionals from All Flood Services.
Mold and mildew spores are continually in the air. Once they find an area that is hospitable, they take root. Merely cleaning them up does nothing to eliminate the breeding ground, and in fact, releases more spores into the air, only exacerbating the problem.
Our staff of experts will come in and assess the totality of the situation, including using infrared cameras and hydrometers to determine where the moisture is and how much mold may be present hidden away. We set up a containment area, prohibiting the mold from spreading to other rooms, eliminate all of the mold, and use high powered dehumidifiers and other machines to remove all the moisture so the mold will not return.
Mold allergies are one of the most common in today’s world.
This means eliminating mold in your home or business should be a top priority for you. It certainly is for us, which is why we strive to be the industry leader.
Call All Flood Services today for help with your mold and mildew concerns.
Cleaning mold effectively and permanently takes a lot more than just hot water, some soap, a little bleach and a strong scrub brush.
The truth is that as soon as you start to disturb the mold by scouring, you release additional mold spores into the air. If these spores happen to land in another location that has moisture or standing water, your mold problem will simply repeat itself in a new location.
All Flood Services has the tools, training and technicians to effectively and thoroughly remove your mold problem by following these six simple steps:
1. Assessment: The first step in the process is providing an inspection and determining the extent of the mold infestation, where they are located, the cause of the moisture that is allowing them to grow and the types of mold that are present.
Once the assessment report is done they can create a detailed plan customized for your exact needs.
2. Containment: This might actually be one of the most important steps because it helps to prevent any more people in the house from getting sick and also keeps the mold and mold spores in the same location.
The section requiring the mold removal will be sealed off from other areas of the building.
3. Filtration: The process of cleaning the mold will release mold spores into the air. Air filters that meet or exceed HEPA – high efficiency particulate arrestance – standards are used to remove the spores from the air, prevent future mold infestations and protect the technicians while they work on your mold removal.
4. Cleaning and Removal/Repair: Once the area has been secured, the technicians will begin the process of cleaning and rehabilitating what can be saved and replacing and repairing what needs to be discarded. Mold is a living organism and can grow deep into items that are naturally porous, including fabrics, furniture, drywall and wood. It is often times in the client’s best interest to have these items replaced.
For mold infestations on nonporous surfaces – concrete, tile and formica – they can be eliminated by using anti-microbial cleaners.
5. HVAC: Even if there is no mold infestation in the heating and air conditioning vents, our technicians will thoroughly clean them as well. Removing any mold spores that may be in there will prevent them from being blown throughout the environment the next time the system is activated.
6. Drying: The final step is to make sure there is no location that is inviting to mold infestation. Our team will employ drying agents, high powered fans and dehumidifiers to remove all the moisture from the area. They will also present you moisture management plans to help keep your home or business a mold free zone.
Mold is more than just a nuisance. It is a health hazard, and attempting to clean it on your own may only result in people feeling even sicker and you will continue to have more mold growing in more places.
All Flood Services is your trained and certified professional company to handle this situation for you. Do not hesitate to call for an assessment and to have us start your mold removal today.